What to do, what to do when you have way too many red bell peppers because Safeway had an amazing sale !!? Well I made fajitas! They are extremely easy to make, plus they’re healthy and delicious.
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into bite sized strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bit sized strips
- 1 large onion cut into strips.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cumin to taste (I use close to 2 tbsps)
- Coriander to taste (I use around 1 tbsp)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsps chipotle seasoning
Start a wok or a large frying pan with some olive oil and the garlic. Once the garlic starts to brown add all the onions, oregano and chipotle seasoning. Cook until the onions start to turn
translucent. Once the onions get to that point, add the peppers, cumin, coriander, and a little extra olive oil. Let the onions and peppers cook down a bit and let the spices blend. The peppers should still have a little crunch left. I cook them for about 5-10 minutes depending on how tender I want them.
While the fajita mix is cooking take the bag of tortillas. Open it up, take out a tortilla and stick it in a cast iron skillet. Brown all the tortillas on both sides. Cover them with a tea towel to keep them warm.
Once the fajita mix is done, take it off the burner and place some of the mix into a tortilla. Top with cheese, sour cream, salsa, whatever you wish. Enjoy!