- 2 (8oz.) bags Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Chik’n Strips, fried
- 1 large can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed (I always use Westbrae Beans)
- 10 – 12 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa. (I use The Best Salsa in the World)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (I prefer extra virgin)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Put the olive oil in a frying pan and put heat on med/high. Add the garlic, onion, cumin, and oregano. Sauté the onions until tender (about 5 minutes). Place the onions in a sauce pan big enough to hold all ingredients. Keep heat at med/high. Shred the fried Chik’n Strips and mix with the onions, then add the black beans & salsa. Keep the heat at med/high. Simmer about 5 minutes.
Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; then add about two tablespoons of cheese on top of the chicken. Wrap the tortillas up and place them on a baking sheet. Spray the wrapped burritos with the olive oil, turn them over and spray the opposite side.Make sure the “seam” is face down on the tray.
Place pan in the preheated oven. Bake for 13-15 minutes; flip chimichangas over at 8 minutes. Bake until crisp and lightly browned. Top with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese, etc!